- Compuware sold to private equity firm Thoma Bravo September 2, 2014DETROIT (WXYZ) - Compuware Corporation has agreed to sell itself to the private equity investment firm Thoma Bravo, LLC in a deal that is valued at ...
- Private equity warned against US cash September 2, 2014BENOIT Durteste has a warning to private equity groups rushing to raise cheap cash from US leveraged loan markets: be careful what you wish for.
- Compuware agrees to private equity sale September 2, 2014(Reuters) - Business software maker Compuware Corp (CPWR.O) agreed to be bought by private equity investment firm Thoma Bravo LLC in a deal ...
- Primary Capital opens Manchester office as it targets north September 2, 2014The north of the UK accounted for 35% of all private equity-backed management buyouts and buy-ins in the UK last year, said Wallace. Having an ...
- Scottish Equity Partners, SSE and Lexington team up on infrastructure September 2, 2014... move into the infrastructure market by creating a new fund alongside FTSE 100 energy company SSE and US private equity firm Lexington Partners.
- Leading UK Private Equity Lawyer Leaving Travers Smith to Join Ropes &... September 2, 2014Bloom acts for private equity funds and their portfolio companies, hedge funds, corporate borrowers and issuers, underwriters, and secured lenders.
- Compuware sold to private equity firm September 2, 2014Detroit-based Compuware announced this morning that it has reached a potential deal to be sold for $2.5 billion to a private equity fund and become a ...
- Jobs of the Week: Hiring at Allstate, CalPERS, Chicago Teachers', HarvourVest, Tritium September 2, 2014Accordion Partners is hiring for an associate, private equity consultant based in New York. The firm is a financial consulting firm that drives and ...
- Compuware sold to private equity firm Thoma Bravo September 2, 2014
The Latest Stories
Spurred largely by technology and the growth of medical tourism, several chains of dental clinics have begun operating in India.
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading