- Little investors falling prey to shady small-time operators April 26, 2015The smaller investors looking to land big hedge-fund and private-equity returns are falling prey to small-time operators, according to an industry study.
- Daniel Follis Jr., 49 April 26, 2015In August came secret negotiations with Thoma Bravo LLC, a Chicago-based private equity firm, with a deal announced Sept. 2 that the Detroit-based ...
- Private equity in Gulf will stay in the swim April 26, 2015The oil price slump, the strong dollar, weaker economies and political turmoil in parts of the region will not slow down private equity in the Arabian Gulf ...
- Private equity investment in realty sector dips 5.6% to Rs 5170 cr in Jan-Mar April 26, 2015NEW DELHI: Private equity (PE) investment in the real estate sector fell by 5.6 per cent to Rs 5,170 crore in the first quarter this year, over the previous ...
- Pvt equity in realty sector dips 5.6% to Rs 5170 cr April 26, 2015Private equity (PE) investment in the real estate sector fell by 5.6 per cent to Rs 5,170 crore in the first quarter this year, over the previous three months, ...
- Pvt equity in realty sector dips 5.6% to Rs 5170 cr April 26, 2015"Private Equity (PE) funds invested about Rs 5,170 crore (USD 829.8 million) in the real estate sector in the first quarter of 2015, a decline of 5.6 per ...
- New EU-Backed Private Equity Fund To Invest In Sub-Sahara Energy April 25, 2015The European Union has unveiled plans to partner up with a Paris-based private equity firm to invest in energy companies across sub-Saharan Africa.
- The cup and the lip April 25, 2015At the September 2012 informal conference, there was wide support for the establishment of a financed private equity fund dedicated to investments in ...
- Little investors falling prey to shady small-time operators April 26, 2015
The Latest Stories
Spurred largely by technology and the growth of medical tourism, several chains of dental clinics have begun operating in India.
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading