- Exclusive: Onex nears deal for York Risk Services - sources July 11, 2014(Reuters) - Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp is in advanced discussions to buy insurance claims services provider York Risk Services Group Inc ...
- Tax incentives for REITs cheers private equity funds like Embassy-Blackstone, DLF, RMZ Corp and <b>...</b> July 11, 2014BANGALORE/NEW DELHI: With the budget providing clarity on taxation for real estate investment trusts (REITs), market participants and private equity ...
- Silver Lake Agrees to $29.5 Million Settlement in 'Club Deal' Lawsuit July 11, 2014Technology-focused buyout shop Silver Lake agreed to pay $29.5 million to settle a six-year class-action lawsuit alleging private-equity firms colluded ...
- DeAWM appoints two private equity executives July 11, 2014Mr. Siniscalco will make private equity co-investments for discretionary and non-discretionary private equity mandates. He is based in London.
- Silver Lake to Pay $29.5 Million to Settle Suit on Collusion July 11, 2014The private equity firm Silver Lake has agreed to pay $29.5 million to settle accusations that it colluded with its rivals to drive down the prices of ...
- Ernst & Young Predicts Bumpy Road Ahead for Asian IPOs July 11, 2014More private equity and venture capital-backed businesses in Asia have gone public in Hong Kong so far this year than in all of 2013, data compiled ...
- Private equity takes on Big Pharma's carve-out challenge July 11, 2014In order to achieve this, they must create viable new companies - a highly complex and uncertain feat that now preoccupies some of private equity's ...
- Equity firm moving oil and gas assets from Tulsa company July 11, 2014Private equity giant KKR & Co. is creating a new Texas-based energy producer with assets now operated by its Tulsa-based joint venture partner.
- Exclusive: Onex nears deal for York Risk Services - sources July 11, 2014
The Latest Stories
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading
Private equity (PE) in India is facing problems because of unclear and changing regulations, and the lack of exit routes. At the same time, many are turning to PE funds because other sources of finance have dried up. This year … Continue reading