- Lone Star seeks a loan January 31, 2015Private equity firm Lone Star is seeking up to 400m to refinance a portfolio of Dublin offices that includes 75 St Stephen's Green and Iveagh Court, ...
- Stadium task force: Who are these people? January 31, 2015... group of civic leaders and financial experts, among them a former NFL executive, a California State University trustee and a private equity investor.
- UPDATE 1-Hedge funds lose court bid over Ancestry.com deal price January 30, 2015A Delaware judge ruled on Friday that a private equity firm paid a fair value of $32 per share in 2012 to acquire Ancestry.com and rejected hedge fund ...
- Will Uber Convertibles Run Out Of Gas? January 30, 2015Smart money or, at least, private equity capital that is interested in growth scenarios doesn't see much room for Uber's valuation to grow.
- Wealth managers move into real estate development January 30, 2015As far as a target for economic development, private equity firms that manage investments for the wealthy don't add a lot of jobs to the region. But Kelly ...
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals Announced This Week January 30, 2015Video advertising company Imagine Communications in Frisco, Texas, a portfolio company of Beverly Hills firm Gores Group, announced Monday that ...
- Private Equity Firms Buy 17 Planet Fitness Franchises in New York State January 30, 2015Seventeen Planet Fitness locations in upstate New York have been purchased by two private equity firms. The deal was announced on Tuesday.
- iXO Private Equity raises 150 mln euros for fund January 30, 2015French-based iXO Private Equity has closed its third fund at a hard cap of 150 million euros, beating its initial target of 120 million euros. The limited ...
- Lone Star seeks a loan January 31, 2015
The Latest Stories
Spurred largely by technology and the growth of medical tourism, several chains of dental clinics have begun operating in India.
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading