- Don't miss any updates from Fortune Magazine August 30, 2014More. Embed Tweet. Jeffrey Goldfarb @jgfarb 5h .@FortuneMagazine @danprimack As ever in private equity, principles give way to financial reality.
- Light Tower Rentals Completes Recapitalization With New Equity Sponsors August 30, 2014Clairvest Group Inc. is a private equity management firm that invests its own capital, and that of third parties through the Clairvest Equity Partners ...
- Carlyle Said to Settle Buyout Collusion Suit for $115 Million August 30, 2014Silver Lake Management LLC, Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s private-equity unit and Bain Capital Partners LLC settled in the range of $29.5 million to ...
- Carlyle settles collusion case for $115 million August 29, 2014District-based Carlyle was the last of several private equity firms, including Blackstone Group, KKR and TPG, to settle the seven-year-old case.
- UPDATE 1-Carlyle Group to pay $115 mln to settle collusion suit -source August 29, 2014Carlyle was the only private equity firm among those still facing trial not to have settled. It brings the total amount buyout firms have agreed to pay to ...
- <b>Private equity's</b> giant collusion case is over, as Carlyle folds August 29, 2014The Carlyle Group ACG has agreed to pay $115 million to settle its part in a massive private equity collusion case, Fortune has learned from a source ...
- Tops rolls out upscale packaging for its private label products August 29, 2014Tops' private label overhaul is the grocer's first high-profile change since several top executives bought the company from a private equity firm in ...
- UPDATE 1-Real estate company Store Capital files for IPO August 29, 2014Aug 29 (Reuters) - Real estate owner Store Capital Corp, backed by private equity firm Oaktree Capital Management LLC, filed with U.S. regulators on ...
- Don't miss any updates from Fortune Magazine August 30, 2014
The Latest Stories
Spurred largely by technology and the growth of medical tourism, several chains of dental clinics have begun operating in India.
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading