- Consumer division of CWV acquired by Duchy Active Equity July 25, 2014As well as new premises two experienced professionals from the world of private equity and the decorative coatings industry will join the company.
- RBS says attracting private equity cash one option for Irish arm July 25, 2014LONDON (Reuters) - State-backed Royal Bank of Scotland said attracting private equity firms to inject cash into its Irish arm was one of several options ...
- Singapore fund management assets grew 11.8% in 2013, says MAS July 25, 2014"Whilst traditional asset managers continue to contribute substantively to annual growth, assets managed by hedge fund and private equity managers ...
- An India Model for Private Equity July 25, 2014ecessity, they say, is the mother of invention. The big boys of global private equity (PE) came in droves about a decade ago, assuming that there must ...
- Scots fund house will be sold to American investor July 25, 2014The deal brings to an end 50 per cent ownership of the 133-year-old fund house by its employees, and an exit for US private equity group Crestview ...
- AVP, Private Equity Due Diligence Analyst July 24, 2014A top-tier investment management firm is looking to hire an AVP, Private Equity Due Diligence Analyst who will be conducting research on external ...
- Industrial disease firm Roberts Jackson receives 15m private equity injection July 24, 2014Cheshire-based industrial disease specialists Roberts Jackson has received a 15m cash injection from private equity firm NorthEdge Capital.
- Enercare gets busy: Takeover talk, a new $550-million business, and issuing equity July 24, 2014One week back the two told the world that in May they had received a letter of indication from a U.S. private equity TPG Special Situations Partner, ...
- Consumer division of CWV acquired by Duchy Active Equity July 25, 2014
The Latest Stories
This second part of a two-part podcast on the new face of private equity (PE) in Africa looks at the areas of the economy most ripe for growth, and also at some business models that PE firms are pursuing.
GDP growth in Sub-Saharan Africa last year hit 4.4%, with a third of the countries in the region growing at a robust 6% annual rate. Many analysts believe this helps sets the stage for long-term growth, underpinned by a growing middle class and rising foreign investment.
Naspers of South Africa, through its joint venture the Ibibo Group, has acquired Indian online bus ticketing company redBus.
Emerging and pioneer markets are beginning to shine in the world of private equity. Among the BRIC countries, Brazil had a very strong year in 2012, while India and China fell back. However, other areas — from Africa to Latin … Continue reading
A decade ago, Colombia was struggling with political and social instability, a weak economy and widespread violence. With foreign direct investment (FDI) hovering around US$2 billion from 1999 until 2003, it was clear that the international financial community was not … Continue reading
According to data provided by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA), Brazil’s PE industry in 2011 raised a record US$7.1 billion, or 18% of the new capital committed to emerging markets. Of this total, it invested US$2.5 billion across … Continue reading
After a lackluster first half, private equity broke out stronger in the third quarter, fueled largely by corporate America’s shedding of some large, non-core assets. Expect this trend to continue in the months ahead, with most deals in the middle … Continue reading
Private equity (PE) in India is facing problems because of unclear and changing regulations, and the lack of exit routes. At the same time, many are turning to PE funds because other sources of finance have dried up. This year … Continue reading