- State joins private equity fund for auto suppliers November 26, 2014LANSING After joining a consortium of banks to funnel nearly $60 million of loans into Michigan small businesses over the past three years, the state ...
- Continental Breakfast with Charlie Geffen, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher November 26, 2014Geffen is the latest in a long line of top U.K. private equity partners that have moved to U.S. firms in London. Clifford Chance's private equity-related ...
- SVB Financial Group: Silicon Valley Bank appoints Wibke Pendse as Managing Director of <b>Private</b> <b>...</b> November 26, 2014Silicon Valley Banktoday announced that it has appointed Wibke Pendseas Managing Director of Private Equity Finance and Banking for the UK.
- Tibco merger vote can proceed despite $100 million error -judge November 26, 2014Nov 26 (Reuters) - Tibco Software Inc can proceed with a shareholder vote next week on its proposed $4.2 billion buyout by private equity firm Vista ...
- Apax motors towards £2bn Auto Trader float November 26, 2014The listing plans come after private equity firm Apax Partners paid £619m in January to buy the half of the business it didn't already own from ...
- Private equity acquires Virginia marine staffing business November 26, 2014Private equity firm Succession Capital Partners acquired the Virginia division of Capital Consultants Inc., a Louisiana-based specialty marine staffing ...
- Exclusive: Apollo Global in the lead to acquire Presidio: sources November 26, 2014Leon Black, Chairman and CEO Apollo Global Management, LLC, takes part in Private Equity: Rebalancing Risk session during the 2014 Milken ...
- Brazil equity pipeline backs up as bankers wait for 2015 November 26, 2014Half of that IPO, a $171 million listing of Ourofino Saude Animal Participações, was taken by a single investor, US private equity firm General Atlantic.
- State joins private equity fund for auto suppliers November 26, 2014
Venture capital has played a big role in the development of Israel’s start-up community. Now, Israel’s private equity sector is also coming of age.
Part II of this Knowledge@Wharton podcast looks at the falling market share of PE for emerging markets, and the rising investments outside of the BRIC countries, and the increasing importance of operational improvement.
The recent successful showing for many initial public offerings (IPOs) comes largely from strong equity markets, but also from smaller tranches and the push for operational improvements.
Wharton experts predict tough days ahead for private equity investors in China as price wars for investment opportunities threaten to erode the outsized returns PE firms typically seek.
In this special report, speakers from the Wharton Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference 2014 note that weaker-than-expected economic growth may have the virtue of uncovering some diamonds in the rough for private equity and venture capital investors.
Venture capitalists face slimmer pickings and higher prices as competition to buy good late-stage companies is raising the bar.
A leading venture capital firm — First Round Capital — discovers synergy and new value when its more than 200 portfolio companies swap knowledge.
Expect more private equity money to gravitate toward large firms and also niche firms as market conditions force investors to become choosier, says Joshua Harris, co-founder of Apollo Global Management.
Slower emerging market growth may dampen private equity activity, but it is also uncovering some hidden values, say speakers at the 2014 Wharton Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference.
Industry surveys show stronger global growth, expectations for more M&A deals will likely free more private equity activity.